9/14/14

4th Anniversary Tribute To THE CD PROJECT (CD Review 4 of 4)

Various Artists - Boogie Nights soundtrack (1997)





original compact disc


I have said all about the movie I can say on this family-friendly site.  The Boogie Nights soundtrack album is a super groovy trip through the Seventies into the early Eighties.  The movie had so much music that a second soundtrack album was released and between the two albums, 90% of the soundtrack is represented, including two tunes by Dirk and Reed that open and close the first soundtack disc.


Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: did not chart


Tracks:  Listed in my order of preference:

  • God Only Knows - The Beach Boys 
  • Best of My Love - The Emotions
  • Got To Give It Up (Part 1) - Marvin Gaye
  • Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead
  • Magnet & Steel - Walter Egan
  • Livin' Thing - Electric Light Orchestra
  • Machine Gun - Commodores
  • Spill The Wine - Eric Burdon and War
  • Jungle Fever - Chakachas
  • Brand New Key - Melanie
  • Intro (Feel The Heat) - Dirk Diggler and Reed Rothchild
  • Sister Christian - Night Ranger
  • The Big Top (Theme from Boogie Nights)* - Michael Penn
*that last one contains a bonus hidden track from Dirk and Reed as well.



Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  I hope I am not the only one whose thoughts and memories about some of these songs were forever altered upon hearing them coupled with scenes from the film.  Livin' Thing in particular will never ever be heard the same.  I definitely know I am not the only one who set out to assemble a more complete soundtrack after buying the first soundtrack album.  Though for my tastes, only the pop songs were rounded up.  Of course, I got it modified with the TK-421.








Final thought: Am I the only one who feels The Guardians Of The Galaxy Awesome MIx works well with the Boogie Nights soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment